Monday, October 20, 2008

Guest - Maureen Wong

Lotsa stuff today my stamping crew! I have made some projects that I wanted to show you all today but because there is so much going on, we will see them tomorrow.

Today's very special guest is Maureen Wong. I always enjoy her delightful cards! We've all see her cards posted here before and she has such a cutie patootie touch to her cards, I nabbed her for a spotlight! Nab! Nab! Nab! All her cutie pie cards are sooo awesome, love them all!

Maureen Wong
http://mycasestudies.blogspot.com

How long have you been scrapbooking/stamping?
I first started both in 1998 and have some really terrible layouts from the beginning to show for it!

What is your favorite technique?
Definitely paper piecing. If I can do it on a card, I will!

What is your tool of choice?
This is so hard to narrow down, but I guess I have to go with my squishy scissors. I love to do 3D elements and paper piecing so I can't live without them!



$1000 and 30min to spend it? Where do you go?
The internet! I'd be spending it all on more stamps and supplies and there isn't any one store locally that has everything I'd want.



Describe your creative style?
Eclectic. I'm very influenced by other people's works, so my style can be anything depending on what inspires me that day.



Rubber stamps or clear?
Both - I can't discriminate!

If you were a color, what color would you be? Why?
Pink. Even though I don't think of it as my favorite color, I do seem to buy a lot of pink papers and supplies.



Describe your crafting area.
A total disaster! When I create, I pull out a ton of things to try and don't want to break my momentum to put anything away. At any given time I have about 6 square inches of clean work space!



Do you eat while you craft? If so, what?
No - I'd make too much of a mess!



Top 3 wishes:
That I'll always have a creative urge, that I'll be a good wife and mom for my family, and that the world will be a good place for my kids to grow up.

***************************


Woo hoo! I got nominated from by Cheryl Horton yesterday and got this cute badge. Super thrilled!


So the instructions that go along with this are.....

The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from. Hev
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.

So here are the 7 blogs that I chose:

1. Creative Paint and Paper
This is the wonderful lady whose work inspired me to get into stamping. you HAVE to check out her awesome handmade albums!
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Stamping a Latte
4. Mish Mash
5. LilyBean Paperie
6. Carolina's Creative Pad
7. Magnolia Creations


Let's close off this delightfully entry with more beautiful cards! We'll start off with this sweet card by Laura Käyrä! I LOOOOOVE the color. It's the most enchanting Anya! Immediately I thought of fairies and elves. Lol. Beautiful job Laura!



Patty emailed me with some cards she made with Pink Poison Stamps and it always ALWAYS delights me! These are no exceptions! Thank you Lindy Stamper!





You know I always say I love Faith's card but I REALLY REALLY LOVE this one from the Fancy Fleurs set!!! OMG!!!



Phew! Busy day right. I hope today makes up for my absence yesterday! Lol. Have a sweet day and take time for a happy snack today!

Today's questions is: What did you have for breakfast today?

I usually have a late breakfast. I guess it would be called a brunch. Lol. It usually consists of a banana, a bowl of Special K red berries cereal, and an egg.

16 comments:

Lindy Stamper said...

Great cards from everyone, and thank you for featuring me. ^_^

For breakfast, I usually do a breakfast taco and it lasts a good while. :)

Molly Joly said...

I have a breakfast bar at work.

Those cards are BEAUTIFUL! I think I'll have to break down and get that princess Anya...

Bunny B said...

I love the Anya cards! Gorgeous!!! I usually have eggs in a basket for breakfast! Yum! :)

Mz Kelz said...

I love the cards!! I have always liked paper piercing and have yet to try it, but now i am definitely gonna have to sit down and give it a whirl!

IF I eat breakfast, its usually something light like cinnamon sugar toast or danish cream toaster struedel.

Sandra MacLean said...

Now I'm just dying to get my first Anya!! Can't wait until she gets here! Breakfast for me is a large coffee from Dunkin Donuts! (No donuts...I swear it!)

Dawn Nikol said...

Super cards!

Breakfast is my favorite meal, so it varies. My ideal breakfast is pancakes, eggs, and turkey bacon.

the whimsical butterfly said...

Wow, whata great post! LOTSA pics!!! Great job Maureen and all the other card that were submitted...gotta LOVE these PP stamps! Hmmm....usually I have coffee for breakfast, but today my DH is home so we had eggs and pancakes..and I did'nt have to cook! Nice!

Rachel Hope said...

Great stuff! Maureen ROCKS!

A Vanilla Special K 90 Cal Cereal bar...Yumm :-S

ribenaruby said...

All fantastic creations, cereal and a cuppa is my breakfast.

Heidi said...

I will tell you if you do not tell my kids: cup of coffee and a brownie! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Love the cards- how inspiring!

Laura said...

Beautiful cards again! they all are so gorgeous. Super big thanks for putting my Anya card there :).

My breakfast.. rice bubbles with milk :) or tea and a slice of raising toast.

Michelle Wooderson said...

Thanks so much for the fun award! Awesome samples on your blog too, what fun!mish

Maureen said...

Marie - thanks so much for the feature - SO cool! Great samples today!!

For breakfast I had poached eggs on toast and coffee. Gotta have the coffee!

Doris said...

hot cocoa:) great cards!

Carolina said...

You are so sweet - thanks for forwarding the award! Great cards..love how you share all these great creations!

Laura said...

Wow, as you can see I am several days behind on blogging. Thanks so much for the blogger badge, you totally made my day:)

I am a coffee kinda girl for breakfast!
Laura