Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Guest - Jessica Diedrich

Happy day stampers! Is it me or is it getting colder and colder? I actually had to whip out my boots yesterday. Brrrr! I know its only October but I'm already listening to Christmas music. I'm working on a Christmas workshop with one of my Stampin' Up demonstrator friend. It is going to be fantastic! There will be xmas music and cookies, prizes and projects galore! So if you're in Colorado and would like more info, please let me know. We are thinking of having it sometime mid November so that's plenty of time to plan.

Answering a few questions from the comments yesterday:

1. The pattern paper from Basement Stamper's card was actually two stamps on white paper. It looks awesome right. They should make an actual DP like that.

2. A merman Ian? Wow that would be so cute!!! I will put it on the ever growing list of Ian costumes.

Our guest today is Jessica Diedrich! Jessica's designs are as delightful as her blog name. After seeing her splendid sketches, I told her I was going to force her to use my stamps. Lol. She was very compliant about it though which is a win-win situation. haha.

Jessica Diedrich
http://thewhimsicalbutterfly.blogspot.com/

How long have you been stamping?
A little over 5 years

What's your tool of choice?
Definitely the Cuttlebug :)

Describe yourself in 3 words.
fun, passionate, outgoing

If you had a stamp line, what would you call it?
The Whimsical Butterfly, like my blog name. I am obsessed with butterflies and appreciate a whimsical, changing, creative style.



What's your favorite Pink Poison stamp set?
Right now, I'd have to say Best Mates. It's so cute and there's so much you can do with it!



If you were a color, what would you be? Why?
Pink, for sure, because it matches my attitude and outlook on life :)

Descibe your crafting area.
It's a large corner in my kitchen, the center of my house. I have a large shelving unit that stores all my goodies, and I can multi task from there :)



What came first, the chicken or the egg?
hmmmm.... if I had the answer to that, I bet life wouldn't be as fun ;)

Do you listen to music while you stamp?
Definitely! I usually have my iTunes on shuffle!



3 wishes:
Health/happiness for my family, the ability to live comfortably, and a more peaceful world for our kids.
******
Jessica's works is awesome and I hope we all get to see more of it soon! Also, are her wishes honorable or what? I would probably wish for selfish things like bigger craft room or something like that. Lol.

I also wanted to show you another card from the upcoming Wishing Tree stamp set. When I made this set, my vision was to have the ornaments cut out and popped-up so if you were looking at the set and thinking there was no room on the tree to stamp the objects on, it was because I had this vision for it:



I think it works very well unless you hate cutting but the items are made so they're not too difficult to cut.

Today's question is: What is your favorite animal?

Mine is a horse. I have always loved horses and so did my dad. I got to actually ride one last month when we went to the mountains and it was amazing! It was a wish come true!

12 comments:

Molly Joly said...

Loving Jessica's examples! Way to go!

Favorite animal? Depends on my mood. Right now - a manatee.

Lindy Stamper said...

Great cards!!!

My favorite animal probably a cat... they're cute and I just want to cuddle with one.

Sandra MacLean said...

Congratulations Jessica!! Great cards! Love their softness. My favorite animal has to be a butterfly. Oh wait! But that's an insect right? Oh well. :D Still my favorite!

Bunny B said...

Bunny!! :)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Thank you Sandra and everyone...I really love these stamps and we have a real gem here w/ Marie...she ROCKS! Oddly enough, as much as I LOVE butterflies, I think my fave actual animal would be the dolphin. They are so graceful and intelligent...and are such free spirits. I got to kiss one right on its nose a few years ago and I cried the whole time...happy tears of course...It was just so amazing!!!

Dawn said...

Super great cards! I'm a total butterfly girl myself... have 4 of my 6 tattoos to prove it! LOL!

I'd say unicorns, but since they aren't "real", I'll have to go with Panda bears. I *adore* them!

Tonya said...

Jessica has some great examples! Thank you for sharing!!

Favorite animal....hmmmm. I like a lot of animals, but my favorite today would be a koala bear. I've always loved them.

ribenaruby said...

Love all those cards by Jessica. The wishing tree card is pretty too. Simply, dolphins are the animals I just adore.

Erika M. said...

Very informative about Jessica. Love all of your lovely examples. I guess I will say my favorite animal is a dolphin because they're such fun loving creatures.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Jessica is awesome - love her cards and her answers!! That tree is great - so versatile, and I can totally see additional accessory stamp sets down the road!

I've always been a cat person. I love that they will cuddle and purr, but they also have such personality and independence.
hugs, Jami

Rachel Hope said...

Loving all of Jessica's creatinons!!

I love cats...all kinds of cats!

Doris said...

dog