Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Feeling a little Krafty

Good day splendid stampers! I hope Wednesday finds you all well. Oh I have to tell you my Post Office adventures from yesterday. Haha. Ok so I was lugging this huge bag full of Anyas to the Post and of course I go there early because I didn't want to keep a long line behind me. So I get there and I'm in front of the line waiting. First of all we have the slowest post office in the country I swear! The clerk finally finishes my packages and tells me my total and I hand over my debit card and...... the system goes down. The whole post office system suddenly cannot accept any type of card payment!!! So I waited there for an hour and finally I resorted to calling the fiance to bring me my checkbook. By that time there was almost a riot brewing in the postoffice. The line was soooo long. Eeesh!

I was feeling like using my Kraft cardstock last night to make these little samples to show you. I loooove kraft cardstock! It is the perfect base color for anything. Enjoy!

I used my new favorite DP from SU, Washington Apple! I used the Cup of Stuff stamp set for this. I think it works nicely.


For this one, I wanted a flower card so I used the Fancy Fleurs set. My flowers are a little darker than I wanted but oh well.


I think this is my fave of the trio. I used all 3 bunnies from the Lucky Bunnies set.


And a last but very splendid card here by Melissa Philips! She used the cutie patootie set Cupcakes. I just think this is a super adorable card!!!


Eee my area is so messy right now. I have to quickly clean because my friend is coming over to stamp today which means more samples to show tomorrow! Yayyy! Be safe and happy today!

Today's question: What was your very first stamp set?

My first stamp set was a large background stamp by Inkadinkado. It was a collage of text and butterflies on it and I got it from Michaels. Sadly it's only been used once.

7 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Yikes - glad you survived the post office!! Love all the cards - I really love the look of kraft, it has a really organic feel to it!

My first stamp was a Stampin Up alphabet set. It was the first time I was introduced to stamping in 1998.

hugs, Jami

the whimsical butterfly said...

Lovin' the samples! So cute! And ya know, Kraft and Best Mates seem to be just that...Best mates! I gotta get to work today ;)

I totally remember this. My first set was called Sketch an Event by Stampin' Up. I finally sold it last year b/c I hadn't used it in years...but I'll NEVER forget what got me hooked!!

Dawn Nikol said...

I'm pretty sure every Post Office is ridiculous, for whatever reason. I've been to three different ones here in Las Vegas and they're all the same - super slow with horrible service.

I'm pretty sure my first stamp was SU! Garden Delight... although I placed such a huge order, it's hard to determine which one was first. haha.

Ashley said...

My first stamp set was a little set that said things like "way to go" and stuff like that. I think it was for teachers. I used to stamp all sorts of "Art" for my mom.

nancy morgan said...

Glad you survived the P.O. ordeal...all of us who LOVE Anya thank you for you persistence ;)! Today's cards are all awesome, but I must say, the bunny trio is my fav, very clever/creative stamping and layout!!!

Bunny B said...

My very first stamp was this bunny stamp a friend gave to me. Very cute! :)

Maureen said...

Great cards!! Always makes me want to get out my PP stamps and create!!

My very first stamp was a big ribbon heart foam stamp from Posh Impressions. I bought it to make a shaker card that Dee Gruenig demo'd on Carol Duvall. It was way too ambitious for a first project, but turned out ok and started my love of stamping!!