Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Scarves, Sketches, and a Sad Note

This is kinda off tangent but I really need to start crocheting again since the weather is getting cooler. I always like to have a nice stock of scarves for presents and etc. I wanted to show you my latest scarves. You can tell that I have a slight obsession with cupcakes right? I plan to make them in an array of colors by the time winter hits. Lol.



Anyway onto more stampish talk. Here is the sketch for today! This is my second Pirate card and I did a nicer job at coloring this time. I did feel kinda sad though when I put my 6 year old color pencils back into their dusty box in preparation for another decade. Well I guess I could lay them out on my desk for looks. Lol. Yea, I'll do that.



Last night I was pondering if I should do new releases twice a month... I could... but it might get a little crazy... but it'd be fun... Lol. Things you think about you're putting the dog to bed. Anyway! I also wanted to showcase a couple of cards today so here they are:

This one is by Ana from the Friends Forever set. Sooo cute right? Right.


This one is by Paula from the Lucky Bunnies. Love the texture here.


Lastly, this little one here was sent in by Maureen, one of our readers! I cannot put into words how excited I am when I get emails like these. Cute-ness!



Yesterday I opened an email that was a bit heartbreaking. I am sad to inform you that Paula will no longer be part of our Design Team family starting October. She's going to be very busy making hundreds of Christmas cards. She made 600 cards last year! I'm very sad but I am also very happy that I got a chance to work with her and share her wonderful cards with everyone. I'm sure we will still see her around and because I am a blog stalker, I know I will. Lol.


Today's question is: Where would you like to travel to?

I want to go see Ireland. Mostly because I want to run in the tall green hills. And then maybe Japan again. But right now, Ireland or Scotland. One of those will do, as long as tall green hills are included. Lol.

27 comments:

Sue D said...

I haven't traveled very much so I have a lot of choices but I think I will pick Alaska.

Dawn said...

Australia is my number one choice, followed by either Japan (preferably if my Grandma can come help translate!) or London. =)

Love the pirates!! Keep it up!

Lindy Stamper said...

Will you be selling the pattern for the scarf online? I'm doing some crocheting myself, and would love to try out patterns.

As far as travel go, I'd love to go to Japan again, the last time I was there I was a toddler, so I would like to see it as a grown up. Of course, I have an alterior motive: there is a Hello Kitty plane that flies between Japan and Taiwan. So, I'd really like to do that.

the whimsical butterfly said...

Congrats to Paula on your new endeavor, although I'm sure you are going to be very, very missed!

I would have to say Italy. I have always admired the photography from that country moreso than others I've seen. Not to mention so many cities with completely diffrent "feels" to them. Well, and let's not even mentione the FOOD! Hopefully one of these days I'll get the chance!

MacLean_Family said...

Ooo! Great question! Since I'm orginially from New Zealand and Australia (and currently living in the US!) you could say I've traveled a bit! LOL But one place I'd LOVE to go to is Iceland! I would give anything to stay in one of those ice hotels! That would be cool...literally! Hhahaha

Bunny B said...

I wanna go to Europe! Fascinating :)

ribenaruby said...

For me I would love to see the pyramids, so Egypt it would be.

Annabelle said...

I guess i can't decide: love to go back to Italy, go to China, Australia.

Becky Sorensen said...

Travel- Hmm, I want to see Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, and would really love to go to New York and come back to Washington state through all the states and areas my g-grandparents came through on the conastoga wagon to settle here.

I love the sketches!!!

Tonya said...

Wow...you crochet too! You are an uber talented gal!! =)

Cute sketch...I'm going to give it a go today!

Travel! Fun, fun, fun! I would to go to Australia, all of Europe and visit every state in the U.S.A.!

DeniseB said...

I have always thought it would be fascinating to see Egypt. Love the idea of seeing the pyramids in person. That must be a sight you'd never forget.
DeniseB

Elena said...

I would like to visit Japan and Australia!

Julz said...

Oooo, I would love to go to travel Europe especially Spain, Germany, and Ireland. I'd head down to Australia to visit (and meet!) my friend Mel. LOL I just love to travel so it's good thing I'm a travel agent! ;)

Rachel Hope said...

I love those scarves!!! SO COOL!!!

:( Sad about Paula, sorry you are losing her!

Hmmm, I've been to my 2 #1 spots Scotland and Ireland, I would LOVE to go back, I woul dalso love to see Turkey or Spain

pammy jo said...

I think Italy would be beautiful - just like your wonderful cards, especially the pirate one :)

Erika M. said...

I loved to take an old fashioned tour of Europe just like they did in the early 1900s.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

What cute scarves!! I haven't crocheted in a long time - I still owe my sister an afghan.

I've been lucky enough to travel all over the world - even lived in France, Germany, Bermuda, and now South Korea. I've also been to Costa Rica, Canada, Belgium, England, Czech Republic, Poland, Macedonia, Croatia, Bosnia, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands and all over the United States. Still on my list are Japan, China and Australia which we plan to see next year and Africa which we plan to visit when dh retires! I love traveling!!!

Gail S. said...

I have so many places I would like to see! Australia, Hawaii, Alaska, England but I think I would like to visit currently the New England states. My grandmother lived in Massachusettes (I probably really messed up that spelling! - sorry people who live there) and I would like go visit where she grew up and visit Salem, Boston etc. I love history and there is so much history up there.

Pegg S said...

There are many places I would love to visit. At the top is Greece. The white buildings by the sea is such a beautiful site. I love Greek food too! Great cards today!!

nancy morgan said...

Awesome cards! And, I love that you're doing these fun sketches! I'm going to be playing along soon. Love what you're doing with the blog, it's a fun, fun place to visit :)! As for travel plans on my wish list...it's Greece, especially Santorini!

charlene.herter said...

I am not much of a traveler. If I have time off work, I like to stay at home and make cards. If I had to travel, it would be somewhere my boys would like to go - like San Diego to see Legoland! We would make a stop at the zoo and marine park too.

Jennifer Sc. said...

those scarves are just so cute!
I'm right there with you on Ireland. or Scotland or Australia. actually, I think if someone else paid for it I'd go pretty much anywhere! :D

SusanR said...

Those cupcake scarves are too cute! I would love to travel to Hawaii, Alaska or Italy. Probably won't get to anytime soon . . . hopefully someday!

Niki said...

Someday, I want to go to Tahiti. Sunshine, beaches, palm trees, sounds great. Also, I think I just like saying the word Tahiti.

Do you have a pattern for your scarves? They are too cute!

Please keep supplying us with sketches. I tend to get in a rut with layouts, always glad to see some new ones.

Heidi said...

Oh boy, I love the tropics all the time but would love to do African Safari or Australia!

Doris said...

hmmm Australia maybe

Randi said...

Ireland. I want to take one of those Ireland coast by horse back vacations!!!