Saturday, September 27, 2008

Samples, Sketches, and Xmas Cards

Good day everyone! I love weekends! Although I have to admit that weekends don't have as much of a pizazz as it used to when I actually worked away from home. But I still look forward to it since the fiance has the weekend off so I can drag him to a movie or something. Lol. I've plenty of things to show you today. First off: Cards!!!

These are from Tonya, one of our splendid readers. Beautiful coloring job! As Tony will agree, there are fun images to color!




Then I also wanted to show a couple of cards that our readers sent me using my simple sketches. They don't have Pink Poison stamps but are still super cute to show.

This one is by Becky using Sketch #1.


This one is by Jessica, using Sketch #3. She rotated the sketch and wow it looks totally different. When she sent it to me, I was like 'Huh? I did a sketch like this?' LOL.


So ok I was suppose to show this to you yesterday. Everyone around me keeps talking about xmas cards and so I made this cute little set using Xmas Birds (my fave of course!). Now all I have to do is get envelopes for them. I thought about selling them online but not sure yet. =)Anyone else started on Xmas cards yet?



And then.... just testing out stamps that you may see more of soon.



Today's question is: Do you have a special ocassion dress that has never left your closet?

I do. I have 3. There's lovely red one with a knotted bow on the front that will one day see a Xmas party. A black backless number that is my 'little black dress'. And a black strapless one with a bow on the front that HAS to be seen at a cocktail party one day. I really need to stop buying all these 'just in case' dresses. Lol.

16 comments:

Gail S. said...

I don't have a special occassion dress that hasn't left my closet. When dress hunting I usually go buy something for that special event. I don't wear dresses much so I don't go looking at them unless I really need one! I had a wedding to go to a couple of weeks ago and had to hunt for a dress. Found one at JC Penney's and the original price tag was $85.00 and it was marked down to $14.99!! It was a very pretty dress and I got several compliments on it at the wedding!!

Dawn said...

My grandmother bought me a lovely Japanese style dress - it's black silk with red flowers and accents. I love it. I just never have gotten up the courage to wear it out in public! I'm only a quarter Japanese so I'm not nearly as graceful as the girls who "should" wear those dresses. LOL!

MacLean_Family said...

I have a dress that 'always leaves the closet'! I call it my "three weddings and a funeral" dress! Tasteless I know, but it really does only come out of the closet when I need a dress for a wedding or a funeral! LOL!....I think I need to go dress shopping again! hahahahaaa

charlene.herter said...

Your questions really make me smile! I have a special occasion dress from about 20 years ago that I would never wear now. I don't know why it is still in my closet. I even have a black spandex dress from from almost 25 years ago that I still have. Like I would ever get into that again!

Doris said...

I don't have such clothes

Tonya said...

=) Great cards your featuring today! LOL!! Your blog is just a fabulous place to visit everyday!

Special occasion dresses...I have 2 that haven't been worn yet. A red one and a black one. Maybe this year.

SusanR said...

I have a couple Just In Case dresses in my closet . . . Just in Case I lose a bunch of weight!!! I can't bear to part with a couple and I'll never fit into them again :(

pammy jo said...

i only have 2 - my husband bought both of them for me and they are the only ones i ever wear - thankfully he has great taste!

Randi said...

Yes. About 30 of them. I have a really hard time getting rid of things. I often look in the spare closet and think wow look at all that room I'd have for more stamping supplies if I got rid of those dresses. Unfortunately, it never works.

Ashley said...

I don't. I'm one of those run out and buy a dress the day you need it types.

Bunny B said...

Yup! I'm guilty of that!!

DeniseB said...

I have a lovely beige lace dress I've never had occasion to wear. Of course, it doesn't fit me anymore, but I have hopes that it will again after I lose a few pounds! I bought it awhile back on a great sale and couldn't pass it up!
DeniseB

Sue D said...

No I don't. Any special occasion dresses I have I bought for a specific occasion and then wore it and usually I get to wear it at least one more time.

the whimsical butterfly said...

I don't actually. I have a lot of special occasion STAMPS though! I buy them up often LOL! No, I actually USE most of my stamps when I can.

Thanks for posting my card! It was a really fun sketch challenge!

Janet S said...

I have a couple of those dresses hiding in my closet waiting for the next cruise that my husband MAY take me on someday. I probably can't even wear them right now since I need to lose about 9 lbs! I usually pick them up when they are dirt cheap on a clearance rack somewhere like Macy's or Penney's.

Julz said...

Hhhhmmmmm, I'm trying to think. I know I have a few new shirts that have been hanging in my closet for some reason or another, unworn. I don't think I have any dresses though unless you count the bridemaid dresses that I've worn once.