Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Guest - Rachel Hope

Someone asked me the other day if it was hard coming up with daily questions. Lol. And I said no not really. I think its a really fun way to get to know each other. Like I know one of my readers loves chocolate everything, another has cereal for dinner, one has a dog that is Stewie's twin, and another is called Fuzzy Butt. It's fun!!! Lol. Any way onto today's guest and special announcement.

Today's guest is Rachel Hope! I first found Rachel when a friend pointed out her blog to me, saying someone used my cupcake stamp. I, of course, rushed over and immediately the stalking began. Lol. I think Rachel was one of the first people to order from me because I did recall Hope Eternal Stamps on the package that I sent out. And luckily she agreed to be a guest on this here blog. Thrilled? Indeedy I am!

Rachel Hope
http://hopestampseternal.blogspot.com/

How long have you been scrapbooking/stamping?
I started scrapbooking in 2000 and used my first stamp 2 years later, I have made about 6 scrapbook pages since then, the card making bug bit me Big Time!

What is your favorite technique?
Not really a "technique," but I LOVE to color, especially with my new Copics!

What is your tool of choice?
I still have my original Creative Memories Personal Trimmer, I could not cut a straight mat without it!



$1000 and 30min to spend it? Where do you go?
I would buy some furniture, for my craft room of course. At Ikea!!!

Describe your creative style?
I tend to use a lot of layers, I like elegant styles and colors, but I am branching out to more Cutsey stuff these days.



Rubber stamps or clear?
Either, I do not discriminate!

If you were a color, what color would you be? Why?
A nice earthy green, it makes me feel calm, cool and collected.



Describe your crafting area.
I have a room to myself...it is Piled with stuff, I like to be semi organized, but need better storage!

Do you eat while you craft? If so, what?
I snack on candy sometimes...but nothing that melts or is oily...Fingerprints!!! (I do have a cup of coffee on my desk most of the time.



Top 3 wishes:
New Stamp Storage/furniture, the time to start my own stamp store/line, and a boyfriend.

***********************

Seriously now, am I the only one who eats while I stamp? Pudding, pizza, mac-n-cheese, you name it. Lol. Of course I have to run and wash my hands before I touch anything, making it very inconvenient because it takes me forever just to finish a card.

In addition to this awesome spotlight I do have a sweet announcement. I would like you all to know that I have nabbed Cheryl and Jenn for our Design Team! So expect to see a lot more of their sweet designs on here! Then joining us in October... Chat and Clare, who are amazing as well and I hope to show you some of their works soon. We also have some very awesome guest designers coming up in October as well so keep on the lookout!

Today's question is: What is your favorite Season?

Mine is Summer. I love wearing shorts, tanks, and flip flops. But alas, Winter is coming and I am going to be layering up soon. Boo! I grew up in California so I'm not use to Colorado's 4 seasons. Lol.

25 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

Welcome to the new DT members and also what great fun it was to learn about Rachel! Super cute stuff!!!

I'd have to agree..my fave. season is definitely Summer. I don't mind the heat and love the activities. Plus, it's always easier to get the kids out of the house and in the car w/out bundling them all up! I do, though, get away w/ wearing my flip flops from like April-Oct ;)

Lindy Stamper said...

It's Rachel that led me to this site, so I'm thrilled that she's being featured!

My favorite Season has got to be Winter... It just makes everything magical.

Niki said...

I love fall. I grew up in the midwest, seeing all the gorgeous colors. I enjoy the warm days and crisp mornings.

Thanks for introducing Rachel. It's great to "meet" your designers.

Suzanne said...

Rachel rocks! I'm so glad to see she's your guest today!

Favorite season - spring. I love to see everything blossoming with new life.

ribenaruby said...

It's got to be summer, more outdoor activities mean less tidying up in the house after the kids. Great blog and I love coming to see almost everyday now.

Kim said...

What a fun interview. I heart Rach!!!!

My favorite season is Fall. I love the cooler weather, if we are lucky enough to have it here in Tx. I love making soup, seeing the leaves change and fall. Love Fall colors and smells. I look forward to it every year!

Sue D said...

Although I love all the seasons each in their own special way my favorite is Fall. There is something about the crisp air and the beautiful leaves that I look forward to.

Pegg S said...

I love Rachel's cards! I hope her wishes come true..... My favorite season is Spring. After a long snowy winter, spring is soooo welcomed! I love seeing the new leaves, hearing the birds again and putting away winter coats and sweaters.

Ashley said...

I love winter. I like warm clothes, hot chocolate, and all the holidays!

Annabelle said...

I live in the Dominican Republic, where we have an eternal summer, but I wish that we could get a little snow, since i love christmas.

pammy jo said...

i love summer because i get to take a break from work and spend time with the kids :)

Tonya said...

Yea....glad to see some fabulous guest designers! You have such great taste in all the crew you have chosen!!

I love all the seasons but Fall is my favorite. I blogged about my fascination of fall last week. I love the crisp air in the mornings and all the color changes of the leaves. So much fun to be had.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Nice to meet you Rachel! Your work is awesome!! And congrats to the new DT members...can't wait to see all the new creations!

I used to adore summer until we moved to Arizona and I got 2 full years of summer. Now for the first time, I'm really looking forward to winter! Not because I like the cold, but because I've got a closet full of cool boots I haven't gotten to wear in 2 years!!! I love boots!
Smiles, Jami

Karen said...

My favorite season is Autumn. I love the colors, the smell and I like the temperature. I enjoy wearing a light jacket or sweater. I am not a hot weather girl.

Maria Matter said...

Rachel's cards are oh so pretty!

My fav season is fall! Living in Pennsylvania, we have all the beautiful colors of fall and it's absolutely gorgeous!
Blessings, Maria

Bunny B said...

I love that cupcake card! Super cute!! My fave season would be winter, definitely! Snow is just so beautiful!

Dawn said...

I can't decide between autumn and winter. =)

Julz said...

I really love Summer the best! I'm such a beachy person! But the very close runner up is Autumn - I'
m all about Halloween!

Becky Sorensen said...

Mine is late spring-early summer and I wear tank tops all year round!! I live in WA state and it is cold and cool and I am in a tank top today. Ok, we have a fireplace and my house inside is about 73 degrees!!! hehe

Gail S. said...

I LOVE spring! After a cold Nebraska winter when it starts to warm up and things start to turn green and people start smiling!!

charlene.herter said...

Beautiful cards, Rachel! I love that bunny. My favorite season is winter - no bugs! I am not crazy about heat so the winter has always been a welcome season for me.

Jennifer Sc. said...

I definitely love Fall the best. the colors of the leaves changing, the smells in the air, the cooler weather, the pumpkin coffee!, high school football games, ALL of it is wonderful to me!

SusanR said...

I love fall! It just seems like the family comes back together from a crazy summer and with schoolwork and cooler nights we're all in the house together more.

Maureen said...

Congrats on nabbing more awesome DT members - can't wait to see all of their wonderful creations!!

My fave season is definitely winter. Hawaii is way too HOT so I definitely appreciate the cooler temperatures of winter.

Doris said...

spring!