Friday, September 19, 2008

Guest - Jenn Muraoka

Nurse Anya

is................. ashley!

Congrats my friend! Please email me with your address so I can send you the stamp asap!
*********************************


Her name is Jenn. Oh my goodness! I'm sure you've all seen her work somewhere and if you haven't.... hop on over to Kiyomi Krafts right now!!! She always has tutorials and lots of fun projects on her page! My favorite part is that she has fun music in her video tutorials. Lol. I Love it! So to put it mild, I was happily pleased when she agreed to do a little guest designing for me! Here she is!

Jenn Muraoka
http://www.kiyomikrafts.com/

How long have you been scrapbooking/stamping?
I've been scrapbooking for about eleven years now and stamping for as long as I can remember. I decided to start getting serious about my stamping in February of this year.

What is your favorite technique?
I love to spotlight! I think spotlighting is an excellent way to highlight special areas of stamps, while providing visual interest to a project at the same time.

What is your tool of choice?

If there is a tool that I find myself reaching for over and over again it would have to be my scissors. I use lots of layers in my cards and scrapbooking, so my scissors are a necessity for me.



$1000 and 30min to spend it? Where do you go?
If I could indulge and it was just about me...? I love, love, love shoes! I would go to Ala Moana and buy a couple pairs of Manolo Blahniks! A girl can dream, right!?

Describe your creative style?
My creative style would have to be fun and girly.



Rubber stamps or clear?
Rubber stamps! There is nothing better than deeply etched rubber.

If you were a color, what color would you be? Why?
No question, without a doubt, PINK! I'm a girlie, girl one hundred percent.



Describe your crafting area.
My crafting area is organized chaos at it's finest; it may look like a mess to you, but to me, I see Martha Stewart.

Do you eat while you craft? If so, what?
I don't usually eat when I craft, but I have been known to sneak a chocolate here and there. However, I HAVE to have my diet Coke next to me at ALL times. Diet coke is the essence of all my creative thoughts AND it keeps me awake when I really should be sleeping.



Top 3 wishes:
My top 3 stamping wishes, in no particular order.
1 ~ I wish...I had the perfect cutter that didn't leave me with frayed edges.
2 ~ I wish...I didn't always get that ball of adhesive on the sides of my Mono roller that look like boogers. I hate those, don't you!
3 ~ I wish...I had a list of all my supplies magically appear on my computer screen after every project!

So what you think? Awesome-ness right? Lol.

Today's question is: What do you use most?Brads, ribbons, or flowers?

25 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Jenn is awesome and her cards are beautiful!!!
I probably use brads the most then ribbon, but only because I've not replenished my flower supply for some time! Love to use them all...usually on the same card!!!
Blessings, Maria

Jennifer Sc. said...

gorgeous cards!
oh without a doubt I use ribbons the most. no card is complete without them!!! although my masculine cards use twill or hemp instead - hubby and sons insist! :)

Jennifer

stampinc said...

Beautiful cards. I would have to say ribbon, brads, and then flowers.

Lindy Stamper said...

I love her style! So cool!

I probably use Brads and ribbon most. :)

Tonya said...

Jenn has some fun examples! Thanks for spotlighting your designers...it's always fun!

I'm a brad girl. I don't use ribbon enough....I love how it looks (on other people's cards) but feel awkward with it. I'm hoping to incorporate more soon!

ribenaruby said...

These cards are wonderful done by jenn. So talented. I love to use my brads but do use ribbons and flowers too.

Sue D said...

I probably use ribbons the most, then brads (esp on masculine cards) and flowers last although I love them all!

Bunny B said...

Great cards!! I love them all!
I guess I use ribbon the most!

Pegg S said...

Oh I love seeing Jenn's samples! I love to use it all - mostly ribbon. It adds such a fun touch!

Lorraine said...

brads, ribbons and flowers. LOL!
wow, lovely cards. now I'm going to check out the store....I've never seen these stamps before

gojenlaw said...

I use brads the most.

Niki said...

Love your guest, great cards.

I use ribbon the most, love all types of embellishments, especially if they are "bling-y"

Elena said...

Jenn is very talented! Her cards are very inspirational and very beautiful!
Her cards are always amazed me!

I like to use punched flowers, ribbon and buttons!

pammy jo said...

I've been collecting ribbon for a while now, and I'm making a real effort to use it on my cards - i love the way it looks and feels :)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Jenn has such gorgeous cards! It's so nice to be meeting designers that are new to me on your site!

I use ribbons most. I think because I have such a huge supply - it's so easy to pick up ribbon on sale and stockpile it. I love the flowers, but they aren't as easy to come by.
smiles, Jami

pammy jo said...

i forgot to comment on the cute pirate card - i love this image with the Churchill quote! And, my friends forever has arrived - after i get organized for the weekend i'm going to ink it up tonight! thanks so much!

DeniseB said...

Ribbons for me. I have a pretty good stash.
DeniseB

Julz said...

I'm all about the ribbon. And I love the pirate card! =)

Erika M. said...

Love the inspiration. I use ribbon the most.

charlene.herter said...

I would love to use more of all three but I am terribly embellishment challenged. I would say I use brads more because they are easy. I have tons of ribbon but am afraid to use it. Isn't that silly. Sometimes I don't use something because "I might run out of it". How silly is that. You just end up with tons and tons of stuff!

Rachel Hope said...

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That pirate card is to die for!!!! SO SUPER FABOO!!!

Hmmmm...Brads...no...ribbon. Wait...Brads.

Ashley said...

I won! How awesome is that? Thank you so much! I have already sent an email!

PS I LOVE JENN!

Janet S said...

Congrats to Jamie! And I use ribbons most on my cards.

Janet S said...

Boy, can you tell I am tired?! Who is Jamie? I meant congrats to Ashley! I better go to bed now!

Diane said...

I'd have to say it's a pretty close tie between brads and ribbon. I use both a lot.