Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Guest - Cheryl Walker

Good day Stamping Friends! I hope today finds you well. As promised, I have a very special Guest today whose work is FANTASTIC! Please welcome Cheryl Walker!!! Cheryl is a stamping pro and I highly encourage you to visit her blog and her gallery on SCS. She had just recently joined the blogging world so please stop by her blog and wish her a happy hello.

Cheryl Walker
http://sweeetdesignsbycheryl.blogspot.com

How long have you been scrapbooking/stamping?
I started scrapbooking back in 1996. Then about 2 years ago, I started card making, and do only cards now.

What is your favorite technique?
I love to heat emboss, and watercolor.

What is your tool of choice? I'd have to say my embossing heat tool, which just stopped working


$1000 and 30min to spend it? Where do you go?
Oh I could spend that real fast, either online for stamps, and more copics, or at one of the craft stores that I go too.

Describe your creative style?
I would have to say that my creative style would be very girly and glittery

Rubber stamps or clear?
I have both! Love them both!



If you were a color, what color would you be? Why?
I love pink!!! Pink is pretty, and soft!

Describe your crafting area.
I have a big crafting area, with a long table, and another spot with a countertop and cabinets, I have a ton of storage. I use alot of plastic drawers, that are in a closet, and cabinets. My crafting table holds all my pens,scissors,glue,tape,beads,buttons,flowers,cric ut,cuddlebug,and my quickutz tool.



Do you eat while you craft? If so, what?
No eating in my craft room, I do have my water, or coffee with me at all times though.

Top 3 wishes:
My first wish is to be on a design team. Second wish is to have more stamps, other than my SU, and CTMH. My third wish is to collect more of the copics, since I just received my first set of 12, now I want more!! LOL

I love her girly style! And I hope you do too! =)

Today's question is: Unicorns or Mermaids?

18 comments:

Niki said...

I love unicorns. Maybe you should design a stamp set including both mermaids and unicorns--mythical creatures??

Enjoyed your interview!

Lindy Stamper said...

Definitely Mermaid. Not sure if it's because I'm a Pieces, or influence from Splash. But Mermaid for sure!

stampinc said...

I like the both. Since I have to pick one it is going to be unicorns.
OMGosh Cheryl...your cards are just beautiful. I just love how you use the ribbon on your cards. Very inspiring and it's just a matter of time until you are on a design team.

Tonya said...

Thanks for sharing Cheryl's fun designs!

I'm a unicorn girl myself. I collected tons of them when I was a little girl.

Annabelle said...

I choose unicorns, since they are so cute and the only mermaid I like is the little mermaid.

Mike, Karen & Josh said...

Cheryl,
Wow! Congrats on your new-found fame! Your work is always so beautiful, and you are so sweet! I miss you. Keep up the great work!

Sue D said...

I'll pick mermaids. Congrats to Cheryl on her new blog--nice cards!

Doris said...

unicorns!

Jennifer Sc. said...

I guess I'll go with mermaids, but it was a tough question today! :)

Erika M. said...

Mermaid - they're just so beautiful.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Congrats Cheryl - I love what you do with your ribbons and beads!!

I totally vote mermaids - they make me think of shimmery and sparkly shades of blue and purple and green...and water!
Smiles, Jami

Bunny B said...

I love both! But if I hafta choose, it's gonna be unicorns!! :)

Lisa and Penny said...

Definitely mermaids...didn't Ariel have the life? Thanks! Lisa k in tx

Pegg S said...

Love meeting bloggers new to me! Definitely Mermaids!!

pammy jo said...

sweet sweet cards - love the samples you've posted!

Heidi said...

I am going to have to go with unicorns, they just seem like beautiful creatures. Oh, and a pink one at that!

Julz said...

Mermaids..... Both would be pretty as kind of a whimsical type of stamp though!

charlene.herter said...

There are those two birds again - I love them. As for your question, Unicorns, of course. I have had a fascination with unicorns ever since I was little. I still have a poster of a unicorn that I got about 20 years ago. Hmmm... great idea for a stamp set.